Tips on How to Use Ceramic Pro CARE
Making the proactive decision to invest in Ceramic Pro 9H coating to protect your ride from UV rays, natural acids and contaminants is a smart one indeed. But how do you protect that 9H hardness ceramic coat? This is where Ceramic Pro CARE comes into play, a revolutionary water-based coating enhancement spray that can be used on wet or dry surfaces.
Ceramic Pro is designed to protect your factory clear coat, to provide a protective shield against the elements and to keep your vehicle looking new always. To maximize the effects of Ceramic Pro and to ensure your investment is long lasting, a few basic maintenance steps should be taken. With simple care, your ceramic coating will reward you for years to come.
This is what we’ll explore in the information below. With the support of a few great videos – we will outline the steps for correctly applying and using Ceramic Pro CARE. We’ll also provide a few washing and aftercare best practices, to get the most longevity, durability, and protection from your Ceramic Pro 9H Coating.
Take a few minutes to follow Adam Cote through our recommended application process by watching the video below.
Step One – Wait till Ceramic Pro 9H Has Cured
The high SiO2 and TiO2 formulation infused into Ceramic Pro 9H initially bonds and hardens within a matter of minutes of application. However, it doesn’t completely cure for a minimum of two to three weeks. There are several factors that can accelerate or slow the rate of final curing including temperature, humidity, and exposure to direct sunlight.
Ceramic Pro CARE is formulated to work on a surface that is fully cured and should not be used on a vehicle with a ceramic coat that has not completely cured.
Ceramic Pro coating is not bullet proof and can still get hard water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear, but it can especially get water spots during the curing process and can be costly to remove.
During the curing process avoid:
- Parking under trees specially if there are shedding. You don’t want tree sap on a fresh coating.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap, or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Washing or abrading the paint
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, bugs, tree sap or other contaminants during the first two weeks, immediately remove it following our care instructions. Keep in mind the coating is still soft. Be gentle when working on the paint.
Step Two – Wash Your Ride Correctly
Ceramic Pro CARE is a water based easy to use coating enhancement that is designed to be user friendly that anybody can use it. However, as mentioned above, it’s crucial to wash the vehicle prior to application. Even more important though is washing it as directed.
There are three methods we recommend for keeping your car clean.
- Standard home washing: Use a foam gun (optimal) or microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Rinse it off with a pressure washer (optimal) or hose. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
- Spray ‘n wash self-car washes: Select the high-pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!). Rinse car off with the high-pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
- Car washes: Touch-less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes! Never select the “spray wax” option.
Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
Ceramic Pro CARE is a great drying aid. Using Ceramic Pro CARE and one damp microfiber to first dry the vehicle followed by using second microfiber to finish drying the vehicle. This process will give you the best results. Refer to the video above to learn how to use Ceramic Pro CARE as a drying aid.
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Ceramic Pro CARE is the recommended maintenance and aftercare product. Ask your local installer about purchasing Ceramic Pro CARE during your visit.
Step Three – Applying Tips
We briefly mentioned this above. There are three ways you can use Ceramic Pro CARE to treat your vehicle with a ceramic coat of 9H hardness. Here are the instructions for using each method.
A Recently Washed and Dried Vehicle
Assuming you used a rinse less or hand wash method, you will now have a dry vehicle. Here is how to apply Ceramic Pro CARE in this situation.
- So, use a new, wet, pink Ceramic Pro microfiber towel. It should be fairly-saturated. Spray CARE generously to the prime towel.
- Simply wipe over the surface with a clean dry towel to wipe it dry.
- Flip the towel. Make sure there are no streaks and it should be extremely easy.
- Next, add just a few more sprays per panel and wipe it on, then wipe it dry.
A Recently Washed Yet Still Wet Vehicle
If you have a washed vehicle that is still wet, here’s what to do.
- Make sure you have a dry microfiber towel and Ceramic Pro CARE.
- Prime the towel by generously spraying CARE onto one side of the microfiber towel.
- Start with the glass. Do not attempt to completely dry the car. You will simply start to dry it and just add a few more drops or a few more sprays per panel.
- Be sure to work in a cool place with no sun. That way you can go back to where you began with another clean towel and begin drying it. You will be able to see just how easily it wipes off and flashes without a streak.
- As we continue, you can add just a few more sprays. It adds lubrication during your drying process and makes clean up and drying much easier.
If your first towel that you’re spraying CARE on gets too bogged down with water, simply rinse it out and add more Ceramic Pro CARE. Begin drying again. You’ll be able to feel that the paint will be very slick beneath your towel. It adds just the right amount of lubrication and makes drying the car extremely easy.
Keep in mind, you don’t have to use too much. Just use enough to gently coat the surface. Make it slick underneath your towel, and again, Ceramic Pro CARE will make cleaning and drying extremely easy and protect the surface.
The great thing about Ceramic Pro CARE too, is that it can go on any surface. So, you can wipe it on your plastics. You can wipe it on your glass. You can wipe your paint. It can go over paint protection film and on any surface.
Used as a Quick Detail Spray
Ceramic Pro CARE can also be sprayed on the car when it’s dry and used as a detail spray. All you do is spray it on the towel, wipe it on the surface, get even coverage and come back with a drying towel and wipe off the residue. It is extremely easy to use Ceramic Pro CARE as a detail spray.
Always Set Up an Annual Inspection
Annual Inspections are the recommended process for ensuring the coating is maintained and care for the vehicle is properly executed. Annual inspections should be carried out by an approved applicator within 30 days before the anniversary date of the last service to ensure peak performance. Although durable and long lasting, annual inspections ensure maximum gloss and protection from Ceramic Pro coating.